On June 27th, the event marked the end of the Mobilizing Project “Digital Construction Revolution – REV@CONSTRUCTION”, led and co-promoted by Teixeira Duarte – Engenharia e Construções, S.A..
The conference took place at the Pavilhão do Conhecimento, in Lisbon, and was attended by public and private entities from the AEC sector, who came together to discuss “The Digital Construction Revolution in Portugal” and have first-hand access to the results of the innovations carried out by the work groups throughout the REV@CONSTRUCTION. The closing remarks for this session were delivered by Dr. Manuel Maria Teixeira Duarte, Chairman of the Board of Directors of Teixeira Duarte.
With a transversal approach to the entire construction industry, the development of REV@CONSTRUCTION was based on fundamental pillars of R&D: a consistent methodological approach, partners with recognized and complementary technical-scientific knowledge, integrative management and coordination and a strong connection to the industry , able to guarantee the adequate specification of the problems and a development oriented to the real needs. The overall investment in the Project was around 8.5 million euros, with the corresponding amount for the Teixeira Duarte Group being around 1.3 million euros.
Products, Processes and Services developed within this project:
- DIGI4Construction – development of a national digital platform for construction, with a pilot application BIM4Bridges, involving Infraestruturas de Portugal, S.A.;
- Digital Twin for AEC – treatment of design/construction data, with pilot applications, namely paving 4.0 (Mota-Engil) and concreting 4.0 (Teixeira Duarte);
- RCM4Assets – Digital Twin for Operation and Maintenance / Asset Management, predictive maintenance (Coordination Teixeira Duarte and TDGI);
- Integration of all solutions with full-scale demonstrative projects (“Living Lab”), including BIM4Bridges using RCM4Assets concepts and,
- Project Management and Communication.